Powered by Blogger.
RSS

One week in

 Hey Everyobody!

Randle and I have now been here over a week, we are currently still at my parents but we will be heading up to Gainesville on Thursday. Thought I'd give you little update on what we've been up to, basically making the most of our free time before real life starts next week.

Randle has mainly been spending his time getting spoiled rotten! So far he's eaten left over T-bone steak. Raw fresh rib eye stake, minced beef and real untreated tripe. He's a very happy boy. To counter-act all this I've been taking him swimming every morning, whilst he's still not what you'd call a water baby he definitely enjoys his morning dips.



As for me, well I've been spending pretty much all my time with this fella...




His name is the Colonel and he's a retired world champion cutting horse. I've been lucky enough to spend my evenings (in return for mucking out and general stable duties) getting free western riding lessons from one of the nicest people I've ever met, a genuine cowboy....spurs, hats and all! Unfortunately he's 66 and happily married ;) On saturday I was deemed ready to get to go out and check on the cattle. I'm waiting for some pics so will show you those next time. 


I've also indulged in a spot of Mall shopping, thrift store shopping plus lots of eating out....it's a good job I'm going to be a poor student otherwise I'd be the size of the Colonel before too long....even the menus in this country are HUGE.




As I mentioned Randle and I will be moving up to Gainesville on Thursday, In my usual style I left things until the last minute and finally managed to secure some accommodation this evening!

What do you think?....


 I think we will be right at home.....

Obviously this isn't really our new digs...part of me wishes it was though... Really we will be living in an apartment with a little terrace out the back that has lots of dog parks and nature trails for Randle and more importantly a pool for when you lovely people come to visit!

Ohhhh did I mentioned we'd got new wheels too? Unfortunately Randle doesn't like to share the driving so we keep falling out.....













That's about it for now. Hope you are all well and not missing the slobber too much

Love & Slobber

Sam & Randle 
xxx

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment