Powered by Blogger.
RSS

We made it!

1st greetings from Stateside!


Hey everyone, I think I told you all I was going to keep a blog so you could all keep an eye on what Randle and I are getting up to in the Sunshine State but if I didn’t now you know :)
Obviously we’ve only been here 2 days so there isn’t much to report but I thought I’d just write a little “warm-up” post just so you can see that we got here ok and all is well.

For the first 2 weeks Randle and I are staying with my parents who live on a ranch just outside of a town called Okeechobee before heading up to Gainevilles in the north of Florida, this is giving us both time to recover from the jetlag and also to get used to the heat in an environment where I don’t have to pay for the air-conditioning ;) and Randle is free to roam around. So far Randle seems to be adjusting well, I even caught him laying in the sun! 



He’s been for a few walks with the rest of the pack, there’s the new kids, the 2 labradors Hunter and Rex, the 2 cocker spaniels Tigger and Keris, then came the old Guard, Tag the 12 yr old labrador and Buster the 10 yr old Springer spaniel. We took them around the ranch, about 8am whilst it was reasonably cool still (20 degrees!) and they all had a dip in the lake.




Unfortunately Randle wasn’t allowed in but I was lucky enough to meet the litter of cocker Spaniel puppies my parents have currently. Aren’t they CUTE!! As per usual I want them all but preferably the runt of the litter :)



On wednesday evening we went for a drive round the Ranch and Randle got his first go in the ‘Gator’ (like an off-
road golf buggy I’d say)
As usual he thinks he’s people and doesn’t understand that dogs sit in the trailer part not on the seats! 



Eventually we convinced him otherwise and he seemed to quite like it!



How smug does he look??
We’ve already been treated to a Florida thunderstorm, pretty impressive to say the least! Randle was his usual self and didn’t even blink despite the incredibly loud thunder!

Well I think that’s about it for now, obviously I will keep posting and hopefully there will be lots more to report.

Hope you are all ok

Love & Slobber

Sam & Randle

xxx

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment